The peer review activity lets students review submissions made by their peers. One of the most effective ways to learn is to review work made by others. With the peer review activity, students are asked to review submissions from their peers made in an earlier submission activity.
How it works
The peer review activity requires a submission activity, students will give feedback to each other with the help of a standardised peer feedback rubric. The peer review activity can be followed up with feedback reflection activity where students are able to see and reflect on their received feedback.
Students complete the activity by finishing all the required reviews ✅
How to set it up
- To add a new peer review activity to your course, select 'add activities & flows'.
- Select the toggle that says 'show advanced activities & flows'.
- Here you can find the peer review activity and add it to your course.
- Alternatively, you can also add our peer review flow to your course, this is the quickest way to add a complete learning flow to your course. This flow consists of a submission, peer review, and feedback reflection activity.
- Give your peer review activity a title and a description.
- Make sure to specify the right submission activity as source for the peer review activity. Students will review the work of others submitted in this submission activity.
- Under peer review settings you can set the required number of reviews and allow students to make additional reviews.
- By default peer reviews are done anonymously, in the peer review settings you can change this and allow students to see who they are giving peer feedback to.
- Under allocation you can define the allocation settings for the peer review session. Smart allocation makes use of our random allocation algorithm. Custom allocation allows to you control the peer review allocation process based on tags.
- Under feedback rubric you can edit the rubric that is used when students give a peer review. You can read more about feedback rubrics here.
- If you want your students to see and reflect on their received feedback, make sure to connect a reflection activity to the peer review activity.
- To learn more about the different set-up options you can find in the settings tab of the peer review activity, please have a look at this article here.